Thursday, March 11, 2021

Morning Sunshine


Most mornings I wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off.  I am annoying that way.  Total morning person, ready to kill it moments after the first few sips of coffee.  The world is mine.

I peak around 2:00 p.m.  Before I know it, I'm slipping downhill.  Not quite so impressed with myself.  By 4:00 p.m. everything looks like a bed and it is with Herculean willpower that I manage to keep going.  Dinner seems insurmountable.  Post dinner clean-up ridiculous and uncalled for.  By 7:00 p.m. don't even talk to me.  Anything you say will be forgotten, if actually processed by my foggy brain.

What happens during the night to bring me back and start me over?  I know there are scientific things happening during sleep.  The body resting, the brain dreaming and processing.  I prefer to see it as magic.  A little protal I slip into as I fall asleep, traveling through the night and popping out on the other side.  Queen once again.

1 comment:

Lori P said...

Right? My entire family knows to not pass along any pertinent information after 7-ish pm as I will not retain it. The nice flip side of that is that we can kill them with kindness, chattiness and energy at 7:30am.