Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tuesday

I'm back in the papasan.  It's a beautiful day and I'd like to stay here until it's time to pick up the kids.

Sadly I have Stuff To Do.  Mom volunteers at a hospice office every Monday but was called in again today to man the front desk.  Since I'm her ride I dropped  her off at 9:00 and will pick her up at 12:00.  We'll have a quick lunch at Panera then I'm taking her to Hobby Lobby to pick up picture she is having framed.  After that it's kid pick up time and good by rest of the day.

I'm feeling a little resentful  and taken for granted on all the driving around and errand running for her. Since I'm not working she seems to think I have all the time in the world.  I don't.  I really really don't.

This morning when I picked her up she informed me that she also needs a ride tomorrow to her Bible study since her regular ride is out of town.  I'm also spending two hours at her house tomorrow getting an estimate done on fixing the moisture problem under the crawl space. 

She doesn't know about that appointment.  I'm doing as much at her house without her knowing about it as I can.  Because she doesn't understand it and gets confused and doesn't want to spend any money on the house to sell it.  So I'm trying to compile as much information as I can before offering her a solution. 

All of a sudden it feels like the week is gone.  We're leaving Friday for the beach and coming home Wednesday.

Which reminds me I am supposed to be preparing for Thanksgiving this week.  Apparently it is up to me to decide where Thanksgiving dinner is happening -- my house or my mother-in-laws -- and what we are having.  

Looking for a full time job keeps falling to the bottom of the list.  Which is really not acceptable at all.  The problem is I want to be here.  I want to be at home.  I've worked from home for twenty years and I'm hoping I can find another telecommuting job.   

So that's it.  I'm going inside now and attacking the Stuff To Do list.   


3 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

The beach sounds like an excellent place to go after such a week.

I hope that your job search will be fruitful. It's so hard when everyone has different expectations for your time - and it isn't even THEIR time.

smalltownme said...

Good luck with everything.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

I keep saying it: you are a great daughter.
I hope your Thanksgiving is full of content.