Friday, November 20, 2015

Thursday and Friday

I could lie and tell you I didn't post yesterday because I spent the morning running errands, then had  lunch with a friend.

I could tell you that I didn't post because I had a two hour Christmas Extravaganza  production meeting at church last night and which was sandwiched between visits to my mom to assist her with an urgent but not life threatening medical condition (constipation) (I am really tired of dealing with her constipation).

The truth is instead of posting yesterday I took a glorious two hour nap.  On a Thursday afternoon.  In a completely empty house.  Wrapped up in one of grandma's ugly quilts on the couch, sun shining in.  Two dogs next to me and the third as close as he could get.

It was the best part of the day.  Possibly of the week.  Maybe even the year.

It was the stuff nap legends are made of.

It may be months before it happens again.  It may never happen again.

Who am I kidding.  It is totally happening again.

2 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

Ahhhh! This sounds so wonderful (the nap part). Yes! It must happen again.

smalltownme said...

The nap sounds like the most beautiful thing in the world.