Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wednesday Shmendsday

Today was almost the day I broke my unbelievable daily blogging streak.  Stupid Wednesday.

OK, so I'm responsible for the time wasted playing Cookie Jam.  Facebook finally got me with this stupid game.  I'm addicted.  It is quite a fine tool of avoidance.

I'm also responsible for the hour or so spent watching Project Runway AllStars and MasterChef Junior.  Come on!!! It's MasterChef Junior!!! Those kids can cook.

I'm promising myself this year I will not say to my own children, "Why can't you do that?"  or "When are you going to make dinner?"  or "For the LOVE those children are younger than you!  Make your own dang Mac and Cheese already!" (They do.  Sometimes)

After spending close to an hour making phone calls to doctors and the blessed insurance company and then carbing out for lunch while watching above listed shows I allowed myself to slip into just the slightest state of melancholy.  Or maybe it was just sluggishness.  I don't know.  I just know it resulted in me not really accomplishing anything all day.  Or at least that's how it feels.

Also I am aware that I should probably not be starting sentences with the word Or.

The hours between 3:30 - 6:30 were and are being spent, driving to D12's trombone lesson, waiting in the main part of the music store where for some unknown reason they blast 1990s pop music over the loudspeakers while people are playing the piano throughout the store, stopping at Chick-fil-A for D12's dinner (super mom of the year), helping D12 with math, feeling guilty that I'm not spending more time making J16 be productive, feeding the cat and blogging.

Pretty sure that should have been divided into several sentences.

My college professor would be horrified.  He didn't like my writing when I was making an effort.

Still to come -- hemming pants, helping J47 hook up our new fridge, insurmountable laundry, sleep.  Probably not in that order.

3 comments:

Bibliomama said...

The great thing about having your own blog is that you can start your sentences and not divide your paragraphs however you damned well please. Or end a post with some really inventive swearing - oh wait, I'm making this all about me. Some days you just have to give over to carbs and reality tv and chick fil a. You've earned it.

Snoskred said...

Hey there, I found you via the NaBloPoMo blogroll.

I know that feeling of not accomplishing anything. I use a to do list which keeps me on track most days. :) Even so there are some days where I cannot work out where all the time went!

As part of NaBloPoMo I try to comment on as many participating blogs as I can, and I also add participating blogs to my feed reader.

So I'm just dropping by to let you know I've added your blog to my feedreader, I'm reading you loud and clear, I have a link up going at my place so my readers can find participating blogs which you are more than welcome to add your blog link to.

Looking forward to seeing your posts, and you'll likely see me drop by again during November.

Happy NaBloPoMo to you!
Snoskred
www.snoskred.org

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

You hem your own pants???? Right there, that trumps everything.