Sunday, November 2, 2014

Day Trip - Zombie Edition


Yesterday we took a little family road trip to Senoia, GA to see some of The Walking Dead shoot locations.  This is the only picture I took and it's from the scene where Morgan is burning the zombie bodies as Rick, Carl and Michonne walk out of town.   

J16 and I marathoned the first four seasons in about a month.  We are slightly obsessed with the show and it was pretty cool to see so many of the locations.  Yes, I totally geeked out about the actors' autographs in the gift shop in Senoia.

I forgot how much my history major husband loves road trips that involve finding out-of-the-way places.  Although he's not quite as into the show as J16 and I are, he had a good time looking for and recognizing scenes and locations from the show.  

D12 was incredibly patient with us.  He doesn't like the show and doesn't even come into the living room when we are watching it.  He silently tolerated our chatter and excitement.  We owe him some kind of reptile viewing road trip.

We needed the day off.  We've been so busy and overwhelmed the past few months.  We gutted our kitchen in late May and are almost done with the remodel, but it has taken a lot of time and energy since we're doing all the work ourselves.   Add to that a new dog in the last month and everything I posted about yesterday and you get a very stressed out family.

J47 initiated the trip and he was right.  We needed it.  Today it's back to work on tiling the kitchen counter along with errands and laundry and homework and all of that.

Oh, and of course a new episode of The Walking Dead.  Light at the end of the day's tunnel.

4 comments:

Bibliomama said...

That is INSANELY cool. Every time I think I might go to bed early on a Sunday evening, my 14 year old son reminds me we have a date to watch The Walking Dead. My husband finds it incomprehensible that we like it.

smalltownme said...

As a person who made a detour to see the night of the living dead cemetery, I find this very cool.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

My youngest and I are the only two who don't watch it at our house. I'm too scared, G is too young and scared.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Love that show and that sounds like an awesome day trip.