Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day One

So tired but wanted to post every day of this trip.  Traveling was uneventful except for the ten minutes when I lost my mom in the ATL airport.    She called me to tell me she thought she was at the wrong gate (she was) but then her phone died and I couldn't call her back.  

So I'm in Minnesota.  It was growing dark when we pulled out of the airport.  

We checked into the hotel, ate a very quick dinner and spent a couple of hours visiting my aunt and uncle. It was very good to see them.   A little sad and a little awkward. They are the same and different.  

As am I.
 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope that the funeral today was bearable.

Karen Jensen said...

Be good to yourself. I hope today is okay.

smalltownme said...

I'm wishing you the best of luck for this difficult trip.