Saturday, May 17, 2014

Diving Back In

I'm just going to dive right back in.  How else do I get back to this?

I miss this community and I miss writing.

We are at the end of the school year -- just one week to go.

D12 has had it.  He's been trying to call home sick every day at 12:40.  Not BEFORE lunch.  AFTER lunch.  I fell for it early last week, the day before I headed out for a week long business trip.  Then I fell for it Thursday, the day after I got home from the trip.  Yesterday I said, "uhhhh, no."

Poor kid, he's always had a hard time with the last month of school.

Really, we have a fairly quiet week ahead of us, last week of school, class party for D12, finals for J15, and then we are going to slip quietly into a summer routine.

Well, we may start remodeling the kitchen next weekend, but that's been on the book since 1997 (I'm not kidding), so I'm not pulling out the sledgehammer quite yet.


1 comment:

smalltownme said...

My younger son is basically done. 2 days of doing nothing, a week-and-a-half senior trip, then graduation.