Saturday, March 1, 2014

Who Would I Be?

I signed up for the March NaBloPoMo today.  The theme is Self. Does this mean I'm writing about myself for an entire month?  Wait.  This is my blog.  Haven't I (when I have managed to post) mostly written about myself?

I'm not scrolling through my old posts to find out.

I'm starting over.  Maybe I'll archive everything and delete the posts and pretend this is my first day ever.

What if it was?

What would I say?

Who would I be?

Would I be me?  I might be me.  A version of me.  A little bit of me.  A lotta bit of me.  I would be my family and my job.  I would be my yoga practice and crafty/creative stuff.  I would be my cluttery house and my messy yard. I would be the daughter of my aging mother and the mother of my growing children.  The wife of my husband.   I would be the scared, cowering child and the self-confident, jubilant adult (and sometimes vice versa).  I would believe.  I would question.  I would run.  I would hide.

I would hug you and welcome you.

And then worry that you hate me.

Why do you hate me?

I would pull out all the stops and pour out all the stories.  The facts and figures.  The dreams and fears.

The plans.  The doubts.  The victories.  The losses.

I would be me.  All of them.  Because, just like you, I'm not flat.  Not one dimensional.  I'm in flux, constantly changing, always moving.  Even when I feel like I am sitting still I am evolving in one direction or another.

Now that's something to write about.






3 comments:

Jen Iapalucci said...

I love this post, I can really identify! I am looking forward to reading more over the next month (and beyond!)

Sheri said...

Great post! I felt like I was reading about myself! Good luck with Nablopomo. This is my first one, and I'm hoping I make it through. :)

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Sounds like we're in for one heck of a month here! Cool!