Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm Bored. Yeah, I Said It Out Loud

I'm so freaking bored.

This weekend MH and I watched the entire season one of Revenge.  Yep.  22 episodes.  Thank you Hulu for that nifty next episode play button.

We totally used the record high heat as an excuse to stay as close to a comatose state as possible.  It was ridiculous.

Do you know what I would do to my kids if I caught them sitting in front of a screen for that long?

I did manage to get a lot of knitting done while watching hours of television.

Anyways, the kids have been gone since Friday afternoon and aren't coming home until Wednesday or Thursday and I am completely bored and lonely.

This isn't my first time sans children.  Not by a long shot.  I think my longest time away from them was 10 or 12 days.  It's easier away from home and working.

Not that I don't have a ton of work to do around here.  There's so much I could be doing.

We are trying to buy a car and thought we would be driving to Atlanta this afternoon to pick one up but  it's not quite working out or at least I don't think it is.  Sitting here waiting for MH to come home and let me know what's going on.

I think since the kids are older and I actually like hanging out with them and we're having a great summer I am really missing them.

Unfortunately when I finish this post I'm going to be left with nothing to do but dishes, laundry and general cleaning.

Between the stress of buying a car, missing the kids and resigning myself to the idea of not going to Atlanta but having to stay home and COOK I'm pretty much ready to take a nap. Which makes a lot more sense to me then dishes or laundry.

Kids, please come home soon!




8 comments:

Sophia Chang said...

Oh man is it worth getting into Revenge? I just got into Sherlock.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

That's the kicker, isn't it? As soon as kids become interesting and fun, they're off pursuing their own world and leaving us behind. *sigh*

Cha Cha said...

Sigh. When your options are housework or being bored? Of course you're gonna go with the second option. I feel your pain - it's so hard to downshift from busy to relaxed.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

The good news is that once they're a little older, you'll be used to them being gone and have more stuff planned. The bad news is that will mean you discover one day that you are going to four happy hours per week with your friends and that may be a touch excessive.

Kaylen said...

I miss my son horribly when he's gone, but then he's home and I miss my clean and peaceful house...

Enjoy this boredom!

sherilee said...

I get a little bored sometimes, but not often... mostly I'm just restless, which isn't any better.

Hope you get un-bored soon--find something really FUN to do, something you wouldn't normally do with the kids home...

Jocelyn said...

You make me wish my kids would go away so that I could get bored and miss them. I do know what you mean about kids hitting a certain age and just being so much fun to be with--that's where mine are now, in a very particular sweet spot.

That doesn't mean I don't want them to go away for awhile, though.

shrink on the couch said...

Your brain is already developed. You can watch TV as long as you want.

Meanwhile I would really like to know what it feels like to be bored w/o kids for a week. Have never had that experience. Heck, one night or 24 hours is about as long as it's ever been. No relatives will take on my brood. We have done that bad a job of parenting ;)