Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday

I woke up at 5:45. Yeah, it's a little annoying, but it's becoming a habit.  I think I got up at 6:00.  Unfortunately for J13 it seems to be genetic -- this early rising.  He's been up since 6:30.   What's stupid is I get frustrated with him for not sleeping in.  I'm sure at some point the teen sleep thing is going to kick in.  I hope.  Actually what I hope is that it kicks in this summer and then magically disappears when school starts again.

Yes, I am already thinking about school starting.  

We're dog sitting my mother-in-law's giant poodle for a couple of weeks.   I just took the three dogs for a walk -- giant poodle, beagle, chihuahua.  The cat came along as well.  She was not pleased I was walking the poodle.  It looked like it was the last straw.  It's bad enough he's in her house -- now he's invaded her outside territory as well.

I somehow did absolutely nothing around this house yesterday -- which means nothing has been done for almost a week since I was traveling and then came home to the end of school activities.

I have way to many plans today.  I want to work in the yard, do all the laundry (not actually possible in one day), clean the house,  cook, go to the pool, nap, read.  Yeah,  I think I'll probably manage the last few items on that list and not the first few....

I'm also intending to sit down and make a very detailed list of what my kids are going to do this summer -- chores, etc.  OK, just chores.  I've already heard these words out of J13's mouth "summer vacation is so boring"  and that was 10 hours after he finished his last final.

So lots to do today.  But most likely I will just do not much of anything except enjoy the idea of an entire summer ahead of us.

4 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

My early-riser son really never did the sleeping in thing. Now that he goes to school on the East Coast he gets up REALLY early the first few weeks he's home.

smalltownme said...

My guys all like to sleep late. I wish I could...but birds or cats always wake me early.

Brian said...

If you come up with a decent chore list, with corresponding, appropriate rewards and consequences, do pass it along. I have four and keeping them busy is always a chore . . .

Happy summer!!

anymommy said...

Yay for summer! And strange fact: My mom has a giant poodle. It's weird, but very sweet.