Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Vacation Schol Project. Yeah, You Read That Right

I'm quite annoyed that I'm spending my afternoon creating a presentation for D9 to use when he gets back to school.  Yes, the parents are expected to "help" with this project.  I remember when J13 did this four years ago.  I think I tried to get him much more involved in the creative process.  I have since given up such foolishness.

The presentation/project is each 3rd grader memorized an Aesop's Fable and on the second day back from school they have to recite it and they must have a prop/presentation/blah blah blah of some sort.

Ugh.  I'm not sure I understand the timing on this.  It's how we did it four years ago as well.  Memorize the fable in December and then present immediately following vacation.

Which means I have to remember to have him recite it every day for me.  I have to worry, plan and create the presentation/prop/annoying piece of crap DURING our Christmas break.  Then I have to get him to rehearse it even though, as he so appropriately points out "It's Christmas vacation!!!"

At least this time I'm taking care of it days, and not hours, before the presentation.

Other then this we have been having a wonderful post-Christmas/pre-New Years week.  Very quiet.  Very chilled.  Very nice.


OK.  The glue is dry.  Back to my project.  I mean D9s project.  I mean WHATEVER.

5 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Ugh.

Leanne said...

Yuck. I'm with you there oughta be some sort of law....

shrink on the couch said...

bet you're glad that's behind you

Cha Cha said...

Late to the party, but ... this sounds horrific. Sure, he'll know that fable until he is old and grey, but at what cost? His poor mama's sanity? So not worth it. Hope you survived and that karma remembers that teacher ...

JCK said...

Obviously this has sent you over the edge and you have mashed Aesop's grapes like Lucille Ball and are downing the homemade wine. I'm right, aren't I? :)