Thursday, November 3, 2011

Let's Pretend It's November 1

Honestly I was going to storm back into blogging (ha) and do NaBloPoMo.  I was.  Good grief how do you people do this?  And when did my life get so crazy?

Those are pretty much rhetorical questions.

I thought I would try actual writing.  Put some effort into it.

Ha.

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Instead I find I am fitting in a post while helping D9 with homework and solving a problem at work.  Next up laundry, dishes, kind of clean the kitchen and start dinner.

J13 is home sick today.  Started out with a simple sore throat last night but is now running a fever. Boo.

My cat Daisy has been missing since yesterday morning.  We let her out at 7:00 as we do each morning.  Haven't seen her since.

This hit me pretty hard this afternoon.  She is always around the house and within calling distance.  She always comes in around 9:00 p.m.  I'm pretty sure she's gone for good, but I can't help looking for her constantly.  I hope she comes home.

I'm reading a couple of good books right now.  I'm reading A Clash of Kings -- the second book in A Song of Fire and Ice series.  The first book being A Game of Thrones which the HBO show is based on.  Which I haven't seen.  The books are GOOD and addicting.  And long.

I'm listening to The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  It's so good I want to read it and just put it on hold at the library.  I love listening to books when I'm walking for exercise (and I'm going to really commit to that starting tomorrow.  I really am), cleaning the house or driving around.  The Night Circus is one of the best books I've read in years.

I'm doing a five day juice fast next week.  That should make for interesting blogging.  I'm hungry already.

Seriously though I think it will be good for me and it's being supervised by a physician.

OK, that's it.  That's my first day of NaBloPoMo.


5 comments:

smalltownme said...

I'm reading the Night Circus right now. I love it.

JCK said...

I remember those days of yore when we did NaBloPoMo. Now it's hard just to blog more than once a week.

Your life sounds very full and alive and goal oriented. I'm envious of your vision. ;)

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

That's good to know about the Thrones books--I'm getting them for D for his birthday, but so far I'd only heard about the miniseries.
Bummer about your sick kid.

sherilee said...

Just glad to have you back, lady. I have missed hearing from your corner of the world... I was a little worried about you. Not a lot, just a little. An appropriate amount. Really. (Now I've scared you, haven't I?)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I'm glad your cat came back--that never happens in our neighborhood (coyotes).

Good luck on the juice fast--I'm hungry just reading about YOU doing it!