Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday, Stop Making Me Fall in Love With You


Really it's Sunday night I should thank.

I had the perfect trifecta last night -- one chihuahua coughing all night, one senile mutt wandering the house and randomly barking, one 13 year old with swimmer's ear waking me up from a) the pain and b) the coughing chihuahua. It all kind of kept circling around on itself. I ended up on the couch -- which I do most nights now -- for Sam (senile dog). She wouldn't settle down so I watched The season premier of The Great Food Truck Race. I think I fell asleep around 4:00.

It was not easy getting everybody up and out the door this morning but we made it on time. I took Treasure to the vet for his cough (it's NOTHING. WHATEVER.) and then back home to finally work. And take calls from my mother about her never ending hunt for a mattress (yes, she moved here without a mattress) and her search for doctors.

At noon J13 called and wanted to come home due to his ears. I am to tired to fight this. And I kind of like having him home. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone.

Also, as you can see from the photo above, Treasure is quite pleased as well.

Do you know what that boy did as soon as he had his ear drops and some Motrin? Without any prompting from me? Started studying. He's still at it two hours later. So proud of him.




2 comments:

Sophia Chang said...

Wow I was realy surprised to see this title :) Suuuuuch a cute photo and end to the story

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Sometimes you have to break the rules.