Monday, August 22, 2011

I Do Love Mondays

After my rant yesterday I immediately got to work and got tons of stuff done around the house.

Took J13 to the doctor and got in and out in record time. Yes, he still has swimmer's ear. Poor kid. It's been about about four weeks now.

Brought him home, made lunch, ran and picked up his new meds and came home and got ALL THE LAUNDRY DONE.

I wouldn't lie to you about that. That wouldn't be nice. I really did get all the laundry done.

Also started gutting the kids room and they helped. The new rule is they get their butts in and help me or everything goes in the trash. Since they are terrified of having even the tiniest thing tossed (example: 1/8 of a body part of an unidentifiable toy from a Happy Meal purchased in 2001 -- "I NEED that, I LOVE that") they helped.

I even got them to toss some stuff. I did. And when they wander off and get distracted? I tossed, tossed tossed.

We still have a lot of work to do -- in this whole house, but I got a lot done.

And then this morning came. Although there is this moment right after I drop the kids off when I feel kind of bad and I miss them and wish they didn't have to go to school, I pretty much lose that the second I walk in the door and hear nothing and see no one but three crazy dogs.

I do love Mondays.

8 comments:

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

Swimmer's ear for a month? That's awful :( But hoorah on getting house things done! I started cleaning my home last night at 11pm, and even though I was exhausted in the morning, it was worth it.

Sophia Chang said...

Oh gawd how I wish I could toss and toss! My s.o. is a hoarder who swears he'll freak out if I throw anything away...though I'm sure he won't even notice!

Mary said...

Ah, I definitely commend you for getting your kids to help! I like that rule -- if they don't help, things go into the trash. Makes sense to me.

slouchy said...

My kids won't get rid of ANYTHING, so I sympathize...

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Don't you love that feeling of accomplishment that purging gives you?!

sherilee said...

I get that, about the quiet house. I have a quiet house quite a lot, but I still enjoy it immensely. Having it all to myself, getting things done...

Now to the purging! You've inspired me and I'm in that kind of fall-clean-out mode...

jennyonthespot said...

So, my Monday was a lot like that, but without actually finishing ALL the laundry... but made big brogress. Though a stranger can't tell. Sometimes a bigger mess is needed to get to organized. That's where I am at, but it feels oddly good.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Hooray! Laundry done! Rooms purged and cleaned! Ear on the mend!