Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Night At Home. Finally.

I can't even believe this is happening. It's Friday night, 7:36 p.m. and my computer has not yet been confiscated by D9. So I'm grabbing this opportunity to post.

Should I tell you he is instead playing Angry Birds on my iPhone? He is.

I am so very pleased it's Friday night and I don't have to be anywhere.

Last weekend was busy -- I had a party Friday night (yes, me) and on Saturday a book signing at Barnes and Noble for our neighbor who just had her second mystery published. More about that later -- I have copies of both books (first two in a series) to give away.

This weekend I have NO PLANS. Besides teaching a class tomorrow, going to see The Help tomorrow night and probably going to my mom's to help her mow the lawn or at least set up her new lawn mower which I helped her buy today. Which leads directly to the lovely pomegranate mojito I just had at dinner.

It was yummy. And much needed.

That woman (my mother) stresses me out. In case I hadn't mentioned that before.

By the time I got home and got the kids doing homework it was to late to make dinner (OK not really). J44 came home and said we should go out. Like I would argue with that.

My plan for tonight is to post this post, put my jammies on, have a bowl of mint oreo ice cream and crawl into bed and start Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton. I read about this book on Nancy Pearl's blog. Love her blog. If you're a reader you need to check her out.

And that's it. I've been waiting all week to crawl into bed and read. At some point the kids will come and hang out with me or ask me to come watch a show or movie. Which I will probably do.

Weekend, I am so ready for you.

5 comments:

smalltownmom said...

You had me at Pomegranate Mojito...it sounds like you had a good Friday night and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

a book, ice cream, and bed. that sounds like the best night ever! enjoy your weekend and let us all know how you liked The Help, I've yet to see it.

sherilee said...

I saw The Help last weekend and loved it. A couple of deviations from the book, but nothing that ruined it or anything...

And love love Nancy Pearl. I heard her speak just after her first Book Lust book came out, and think she's amazing! I would love to be so well-read...

Have a fab weekend!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That sounds like a lovely evening, indeed. In fact, you've inspired me to head to bed with a book.

Mary said...

Have a wonderfully relaxing weekend! I should get myself off this computer and go to bed with a book too!