Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday

I'm tired. My mom and I spent four hours yesterday day looking at houses. The second to last house is a definite possibility. I honestly think she should make an offer on it, but I think we're probably going to look at some more today.

The tension/energy in this house is so bad when my mom visits that things break every time. This visit our dining room air conditioner (yes we still have window units) broke FIVE MINUTES after she walked in the house. The chain on the toilet broke about two hours after she arrived and this morning when I tried to lock my office door (for some much needed privacy) it broke. I think it's a combination of her nervousness/uptightness/tension and the way the energy in my family changes knowing how difficult it's going to be having her here.

The sad part is the same kind of energetic shifts happen within me. Things break. Usually by 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon I'm so exhausted I just want to go to bed.

I hope we find a house for her today. My family is headed for the beach Friday and the kids are staying for the week with my MIL. J44 and I are driving back Monday and I was hoping for a quiet week before I headed up to Maryland to help her pack. I'd be willing to go up to MD next week, just to keep things moving. There's a lot to do.

10 comments:

Christy said...

I'm sorry. Sounds pretty tough. Wish I had some wise words for you - instead sending you strength and hugs!

Samantha Sotto-Yambao said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Sophia's blog. Good luck with the house hunt. Fingers and all appropriate appendages crossed for you. :-)

the sandwich life said...

Thinking of you...

Threeundertwo said...

Hang in there! It's good that you already have one candidate house. I hope you find at least a few more so you can pick the best.

Sending positive vibes...

Sophia the Writer said...

I love how you describe it - the tension causes the breaks. It's so true; back when the Tiger mother and I were in the throes of things, all sorts of chaos would ensue around her tornado personality.

(Aw Sam is awesome - she's a good positive energy to know)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

This does not sound like fun at all. Hopefully your yoga knowledge can help you find some zen to get through this.

Cha Cha said...

I think it's lovely and amazing that you can tie the emotional tension to the physical breakage - that takes some folks decades of therapy to figure out!

Hang in there.

sherilee said...

Amazing how energy impacts EVERYTHING. Breathe deep and good luck with the house hunt.

V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios said...

This is a hard time for all of you. I hope when your mom actually completes her move, things begin to realign and center and find a new equilibrium.

yogurt said...

My sister has an ongoing record. Every time she comes to visit, something breaks. One year the transmission went out on my car. Same visit my husband's truck over heated (neither car crisis had happened to either of us ever, or since). Another year it was the garbage disposal - broken on Thanksgiving day. I could go on. Thing is, we really do enjoy each other's visits so I don't think it's bad vibe in our case. I do understand the madre a madre tension, however.