Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Back to Blogging -- Just in Time

Yes Sophia, I'm back to blogging. And just in time.

My mother is moving to Macon (where I live). Possibly by July 30th. Yeah, that gives me something to blog about. She's possibly accepting a contract on her house in Maryland today. Am I ready? No. This is not something it is possible to ever be ready for.

I'm not as freaked out as I thought I would be. Although that may be denial. I am hoping I'm getting to the point where I can live my life and not worry about what she says about it -- that seems kind of pathetic to say at the age of 44 but there it is. Maybe that's what the 40s are all about, at least for me.

There's a lot of stuff in my life she doesn't like and she has her passive aggressive way of showing it. If I weren't on my way to teach yoga (which she disapproves of) and slip in some meditation (which she disapproves of) I would probably explain that. But don't worry. I'm sure I'll get around to it sooner rather than later.

So far it's been a great summer. The boys are at great ages -- 9 and 13. Independent but they still want to be with me.

I'm taking J13 to try out for a swim team Friday afternoon. Against his will. Because I think it will be good for him and if not it won't kill him. He'll never initiate anything on his own.

I'm sure this summer cold/virus/whatever it is that I'm suffering from today is not related to the stress of my mom's imminent arrival. Or that I have to go up there in a few weeks and help her pack. Just talking to her on the phone about moving (should she save the vases she hasn't used in 20 years???? WHAT IF SHE NEEDS THEM???? OH. MY. GOD!!!!) practically gives me hives. I'd really like to crawl in bed but I've got to teach. Hoping no one shows up tonight so I can come home early.

8 comments:

Ducky said...

Ironically, you are going to need even more yoga and meditation.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I'm trying to figure out how someone "disapproves" of yoga.

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

It shocks me that my mom doesn't think my teaching hooping is the silliest thing ever. She still calls anxiety meds "nerve pills" and isn't thrilled that I'm on them now. Sending you good vibes!!

And kudos on forcing your kid to try out for swim team, sometimes it's the only way to get kids to go out and do.

Mrs. Chili said...

One day at a time, Baby; one day at a time (and, sometimes, it goes hour-to-hour).

I find that, along with the yoga, writing helps, so keep at it. You've got a pretty good support system out here, and we're always ready to listen.

Christy said...

Oh man. Oh man. I'm sorry. Ugh. Hopefully the yoga and mediation really do their trick for you!!! HUGS!

flutter said...

good thing you have that yoga breathing down. have mercy

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Godspeed. There's a good reason why you started a yoga/meditation practice!

Sophia the Writer said...

So am I the only one that sees the positive here? You're back! And look how happy we are! :) You've got our smiling faces waiting for you.

But yeah, girl, you've been with my blogging long enough to know I KNOW about the mama drama. Oh Sophia's Tiger Mother... :P