Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday. A Poem.

April is Poetry Month.

I'm sure you are all as excited as I am.

You should be.

So here's a poem that came via e-mail yesterday. It's nice. Hope you like it.

Oh, and maybe I will start blogging something besides poetry again.

Maybe.

These Heroics

If I had a shining head
and people turned to stare at me
in the streetcars;
and I could stretch my body
through the bright water
and keep abreast of fish and water snakes;
if I could ruin my feathers
in flight before the sun;
do you think that I would remain in this room,
reciting poems to you,
and making outrageous dreams
with the smallest movements of your mouth?


3 comments:

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

This makes me feel like DARING more.

JCK said...

I don't care what you say...you always find the jewels...wonderful poems that I haven't read before.

politicallyspouting said...

As someone who reads poems almost never, I appreciate that you post poetry that even I can love.