Friday, February 4, 2011

Endings, Beginnings

This weekend is my last full weekend of yoga teacher training (YTT). We graduate on the 12th.  This is our last full two days together.  I'm so sad it's almost over.  I'm also very excited it's almost over.

There are so many good things I could (and probably will) tell you about this experience.  Honestly one of the nicest things has been having those two solid days and one night completely to myself.  Once I leave the house I don't have to worry about anything except YTT.  It's been awfully self-indulgent.  Doing yoga, hanging out with friends,  learning about something I really want to know more about.  Not doing laundry, or cooking or running errands or cleaning or dragging everyone to church or just all the average stuff we do on the weekends.

That said today I am rushing around trying to get a few things ready that I have to do this weekend at YTT, packing, buying groceries, etc. etc. etc. and I'm a little tired of that too -- the getting ready for weekends away.

I kind of can't remember what it's like to just have a nice quiet weekend.

One of the challenges for me is that I live 90 minutes from where I'm training.  The other students -- my new friends --  all live up there.  They talk a lot about what will happen afterwards and doing stuff together etc.  and I feel left out.  Because I will be.  Which is no one's fault.

I'm committing to getting back up there on a regular basis.  I know how life can get in the way of that.

It's bittersweet.  It is a big accomplishment to finish the training.  That said I feel like I don't know a damn thing about teaching yoga and that my training, much of it, begins once I do start teaching.

I'm in that place where I don't want something to end and I can't wait for it to end all at the same time.  It's kind of a nice place to be, if you don't have to stay to long.

12 comments:

V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios said...

College always felt that way to me.

Will you teach yoga now?

furiousBall said...

Congrats! I did not know you were training. Although it has been quite a while since I've done a session myself - yoga helped me a lot during my darkest days and really gave my body a base to train for all my silly runs and stuff.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

I'm just grinning while I read this, so pleased for you!

the mama bird diaries said...

Congrats. This sounds like an exciting time for you. Makes me want to go back to yoga class.

Chris said...

That's so cool! Congratulations to you! I can understand how you've felt self-indulgent, because I likely would have, too. But we shouldn't. I'm sorry you aren't closer to your new friends. You'll simply have to "self-indulge" and travel there one Saturday a month or so, and make some more memories together.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I think all teachers feel that way.

My stepsister has taught yoga for several years and loves it.

JCK said...

You are inspiring! And I know you will be a wonderful teacher.

Congrats! Enjoy this last weekend.

Sophia the Writer said...

Wow that was so fast! (To us readers)

See a Nook can actually read library e-books. Apparently, my library's electronic library supports every single e-reader EXCEPT Kindle. #$&* you Amazon!!!

flutter said...

I am so proud of you!

anymommy said...

How cool are you? I can't even get my butt to yoga class.

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

This is awesome, congrats! You're inspiring me to get off my butt and do my hoop dance teacher training.

Cookie said...

sounds very rewarding! and Congrats on finishing up!