Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January So Far

It's cold here.  Like it is at your house I'm sure.

The kids had two snow days, sans snow.  There was barely enough for them to play in on Monday morning.

It was nice having them home, especially since I had been traveling and at teacher training and hadn't seen them since Tuesday morning last week.

Also I was traveling sick which is no fun at all.  It's kinda been a sticky, yucky past couple of weeks. Before I was sick the kids were sick.  Before that it was the holidays.

Today I'm finally catching my breath.  It's my first "normal" day since mid-December.  No holiday errands to run, kids are back at school.  It's finally quiet.  It's kind of nice.  Actually, it's kind of wonderful.

I've been waiting for something blog worthy to happen, but of course if you are not blogging you don't notice the blog worthy things around you.  Most days seem to be average and I kind of like them that way.

6 comments:

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Back to normal can be such a great feeling. Breathe.

V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios said...

I never feel like it's truly a new year until the kids are back in school, ALL the decorations are packed away, the city has collected and composted the Christmas trees, and I have the luxury of looking at my to do list and deciding what I want to tackle first.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love average, too. Other people might call it a rut, but I like routine.

JCK said...

I'm joining the crowd with loving a routine. Now...I just have to create a good one for the New Year!

Glad to have you back. So, Atlanta got all that snow & ice and you all not??? My dad has been socked in for a couple of days.

Sex, Drugs and Bacon Sandwiches said...

Average is always good :)

Sex, Drugs and Bacon Sandwiches said...
This comment has been removed by the author.