Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bronchitis For Me

I finally drug myself to the doctor this morning and got some antibiotics for this ridiculous cough.  The doctor used the term "bronchitis"  and I'm going to get as much mileage out of that as I can.

Like:

"I can't make dinner I have bronchitis."

"The kids didn't get their homework done because I have bronchitis."

"I forgot to do the laundry (for the last two weeks) I have bronchitis."

"I'll scrub the bathroom down when my bronchitis is gone."

"I can't walk the dogs, I have bronchitis."

"I"m sorry honey, I have a bronchitis tonight."

"I put all this extra weight on when I got bronchitis."


OK, maybe I'm pushing it just a bit.  But I figure after two weeks of being sick I should get something out of it.  Like a nap.  Which I am very likely to take right now.

12 comments:

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Bronchitis sounds a little more convenient than say...a broken leg!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I say milk it for all it's worth.

How about, "Would you make dinner since I have bronchitis? Oh, and could you do a couple of loads of laundry, too?"

Sophia the Writer said...

Aw you poor thing!!

Thanks for coming to the new blog and your enthusiasm for it :)

So...when are you going to take the leap? I'll start a chant.

real name
real name
real name

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

Oh wow, bronchitis is the worst. I fully support using it as much as you can to get out of whatever you can. Don't forget:

"Can you rub my back, I have bronchitis"

"Can you pick up some McDonald's, I have bronchitis"

and the one I'd use most if I were in your position,

"I have bronchitis, and a (Old Navy Gift Card, Kindle, new hula hoop, fill in the blank) would make me feel so much better".

Get well soon!

King of New York Hacks said...

Bronchitis...Latin for "I'm not doing it !!" Lol

JCK said...

OH, you poor thing. I'm sorry. I'd be milking it for another 2 weeks. Definitely.

yogurt said...

Don't forget, "I can't get out of bed today. I've got bronchitis."

And, "I get to control the remote. I've got bronchitis."

smalltownmom said...

I've often had the bronchitis extend out into six weeks of laryngitis.
just happens. And then everyone says I sound horrible. Like I don't know that already? And like I don't already hate my normal voice?

So I came late to the party--what's this real name chant? My real name is...

Angeliki said...

Hope you get well soon. I loved the "Can you rub my back, I have bronchitis".

Make use of all of them!

laurie said...

we just watched an old episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm," where Larry's mom died...and he found that saying, "My mother died" got him out of all kinds of obligations.
It was mildly funny but I think using bronchitis is a much better way to go.

Karen said...

Oh absolutely...and don't admit to feeling better, either, when the antibiotics kick in...

V-Grrrl said...

"I just read an article online about how spa visits are good for bronchitis."