Thursday, November 4, 2010

Yeah, I Talk to Myself

I have this really embarrassing habit of talking to myself.  It's crazy.  At home I pretend I'm talking to the dogs, but let's face it, this is just a crazy habit of mine.

Although I spend a lot of time on the phone while I'm working, I also sit at my desk and talk to myself and I can't tell you how many times the neighbor's yard guy has overheard my craziness.

I know I do this in the car too.  Let's pretend I'm singing.  OK I'm doing that as well. But good Lord there I am driving down the street having a conversation with myself.  Even at red lights.  I'm sure of it.

The most ridiculous place I talk to myself is at the grocery store.  Yes, I'm admitting this to you.  It's insane.  I stand in the pasta aisle and start discussing dinner.   I see some weird, hard-to-find item and ooh and aah over it.

I talk to the bread.

Don't even get me started in the produce section.  Today I think I remember saying to myself, OUT LOUD,  "Do we have celery?"  "Where's the romaine?"  "God, I HATE beets!"

You know, I thought the employees at my favorite Publix knew my name because I'm there every day but it's possible it's just because I'm the crazy lady chatting up the apples and oranges.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

You have a friend in me: I talk to myself as well. Often when I'm driving. I do it so often, the people in my life don't even question it anymore. They're like, "Oh she's not talking to us, she's talking to herself."
I guess we only need to start worrying when we start answering back...or that's what my dad (who also used to talk to himself) used to say.

annie said...

I need to introduce you to my husband!! He walks around the yard talking to himself - and he uses a lot of hand gestures. The neighbors look at him funny.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

I feel better now. I'm always embarrassed when i catch myself talking to myself out loud in public.

Jennifer said...

I do this, too, especially in the grocery store. Sometimes, peppered with four letter words. (Act surprised.)

Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen said...

I totally talk to my food. Tony talked to his today and I told him that is the first step towards crazy town, but to go ahead and hop on board!

I don't have that cookbook, but I will check it out!

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Nah, not crazy at all. I'm going with 'healthy' or on an especially colorful day, 'creative'. It covers a lot, really.

JCK said...

Crazy is if you didn't talk to yourself. It keeps us sane. :O

V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios said...

My husband talks to himself a lot.

It makes me insane.

I am a word person and nothing makes me crazier than random words floating around, addressed to no one.