Friday, November 5, 2010

Quick NaBloPoMo Post

I'm determined to see NaBloPoMo through this year.  Determined to get back to blogging.  I've been reading more blogs this week and I'm realizing how much I've missed everyone and how nice it is to find new bloggers.

I head back to Atlanta tomorrow morning for another weekend of yoga teacher training (YTT).  I always kind of dread it the day or two before.  The toughest part about YTT is leaving the family/house for the weekend.   I spend the a day or two before the weekend trying to clean up, get the laundry done and stock up the kitchen.  I also think about all the things I would be getting done if I were home all weekend.

Of course once I get there Saturday morning I forget about everything at home and can't imagine being anywhere else.

Then  Sunday night comes along and I have to re-enter the atmosphere and I can never quite figure out why my family isn't as blissed out as I am.

This weekend we have shortened hours of training so instead of staying in Atlanta tomorrow night I'm driving back home.  No I didn't have to do it.  It means I don't have to pack, spend extra money on food or use up more hotel points.  It does mean three hours in the car tomorrow and Sunday and I'm sure when I get home tomorrow (around 7:30 p.m.)  they are all going to need something.  

All of that said I kind of can't wait for the weekend to start.

5 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You're a gal after my own heart--I'd way rather do the drive than the hassle of a hotel room.

Have a great weekend!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Okay, the words "blissed out" just make me feel happy for you.

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

I feel like that (the dread feeling that is) before leaving to go back home for a weekend, but then always wonder how I could have second guessed it.

I passed an A&W/KFC (wtf?) and thought of you!

JCK said...

Hope it was wonderful!

V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios said...

I find those transitions difficult too--the stress of getting ready to leave, the hard landing into reality when you get home.