Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ordinary

On Wednesday evenings J has school so it's just me and the boys.  I've been feeling kind of run down all day so for dinner we took it easy and had breakfast.  Just the three of us.

One of the kids had pulled out an old knock knock joke book and we were passing it around the table while we ate, giggling and rolling our eyes.  Treasure sat in my lap.

Later D8 lounged in the bathtub, humming the theme to Star Wars and J12 surfed the internet while I folded laundry.

Now they are in bed, J12 reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.  D8 is still humming the theme to Star Wars.

As soon as I can I'm going to put this computer away, grab my Sookie Stackhouse book and burrow under the covers.

Just an ordinary evening in the middle of a pretty ordinary week.   It's chilly this evening and the idea that the holidays are just a few weeks away is tugging at the back of my mind.  I'm going to leave that idea there for awhile and just sit with the quiet for a few more days.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's a rainy day here, and this was the perfect, soothing thing to read.

Burrowing under the covers. That's about the best thing in the world to do.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

I feel relaxed just reading this post!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I just love those kinds of days.

JCK said...

My boy has been humming that song, too. He hasn't seen it yet. Soon...though.

Nothing better than burrowing under the covers with a good book.

V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios said...

Love this snapshot of your home life.