Monday, October 18, 2010

Yoga Teacher Training

Yoga teacher training is kind of wonderful.  In an intense, rip-your-soul-out-and-examine-it kind of way.

I think there are about twenty five students,  two course leaders, and seven mentors.

The Monday after our first weekend together (two weeks ago) I think we were all giddy and a little in love with each other.   I don't think I've ever missed a group of people as much as I did that first day -- or looked forward to seeing them again this weekend.

We just finished our second weekend and honestly it was kind of hard to come home.

But also very very good.  I am finding, in many ways, that  yoga is a very practical practice.  You have to do the work, all of it.  And not for the sake of doing it or the experience of doing it, but so that you can get up off the mat and live your life in a better, more complete way.  For yourself, and for those around you.

10 comments:

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

I'm so glad it's feeding your body AND spirit!

Threeundertwo said...

Wow, sounds like a great experience.

Jennifer said...

So happy for you and proud of you for doing this. I have a feeling your life will feel like before and after, with this experience in the middle.

ella said...

This will be so big in your life, I'm envious! Good for you!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Yoga is on my list of things to do someday--and living life in a better, more complete way sounds like what we should all be trying to do.

Rebecca said...

Good for you! Challenging yourself to learn something new is one of the hardest but most rewarding things in life.

flutter said...

I am so proud of you

52 Faces said...

Still jealous :)

And of your high level comment count :P

My long-term vision after I've been a famous novelist and traveled the world on book tours is to settle down as an aging yoga instructor and therapist.

anymommy said...

I adore yoga. I suck at it, but it makes me feel so healthy and takes all the stress out of my shoulders! That is awesome for you.

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

this is really great, im in awe of people who can teach yoga!