Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Five

Five Things I've Been Doing Instead of Blogging

1.  Last week I was in Maryland helping my mom recover from minor knee surgery.   She's doing very well and I'm glad to be back home.

2.  Reading the Sookie Stackhouse books and sitting on the front step waiting for the mailman to bring me True Blood DVDS from Netflix.  I love these books.  They are terribly addictive and once I start one my family can just forget seeing me for the next two days.  I've read five of them and am waiting for somebody to loan me the next couple of books.

3.  Helping J12 all week as he hobbled around on crutches.  He was running Sunday evening and fell and sprained his ankle.  Oy.  I am tired of it already.  Oh yeah, so is he.

4.  Reading The Sorcerer's Stone outloud to the kids.  It's about time.  I've been trying to get these kids on the Harry Potter wagon for awhile, but it took Lego's and Wii to pique their interest.   Which is sad I know.  But whatever it takes.    D8 isn't that interested but J12 is loving the book.  I caught him reading it on his own.  Which was my plan all along.  Mwa ha ha.

5.  Cooking.  OK.  Not really.

8 comments:

yogurt said...

Ditto Cooking. Not really.

Cookie said...

OMG this totally cracked me up!

Jennifer said...

And I got to see you. So there, everybody.

I got C to read The Sorcerer's Stone this summer, but haven't followed up with the next book. Need to do that.

citymouse said...

I have been sitting in front of the computer all afternoon and I still haven't gotten the gumption to blog. Just one of those days.

Cooking. OK. Not really.... love it!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Way to trick your kid into reading!!!
You're like a nurse--taking care of all those people. Glad you're taking some time for YOU!

Magpie said...

We "read" the Harry Potter book in the car on our summer roadtrip. The audio version is divine - Jim Dale is the reader, and he is just perfect.

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

Ah, I've just read the first 5 sookie stackhouse books! cant wait until I have the energy to drag my butt out to get the rest.

52 Faces said...

Gosh after you and Heather took my recommendation...I should get a commission from Charlaine! :P