Thursday, August 19, 2010

YTT

On Monday I signed up for yoga teacher training (YTT).  I'm pretty excited and scared.  

Mostly excited. 

No wait, mostly scared.    

I start the first weekend of October and finish mid-Feburary.  The course takes place over nine weekends. 

It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile but kept making excuses -- mostly money and time.  But I did it, I applied, I interviewed, I paid up.  

I wrote a long post about it on Tuesday, but deleted it.  It's kind of hard to talk about.  


It's kind of a big deal for me to take this step.  


It's a big deal and it's not a big deal.  If that makes any sense.  


It's a big deal in that it's me taking action to do something I feel strongly about and that is such a huge commitment and possibly life changing.  


It's not a big deal because it feels so much like the right thing for me that now that I've stepped onto this path it just seems like the most obvious and right choice.



11 comments:

flutter said...

you are going to be amazing

Mrs. Chili said...

YAY for YOU!! Flutter's right; you're going to rock it.

I did this (look up "yoga national guard" on my blog). Mine was spread out over 10 months - Friday nights, all day Saturday and all day Sunday for one weekend a month. It was glorious and terrifying and fulfilling and excruciating, just like you would expect.

If there's any way I can support you from over here, just say the word and it's yours.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It sounds great. You will be so happy you took the plunge.

Indigo said...

It's a huge deal to take that step toward something you're passionate about. You'll be amazing. (Hugs)Indigo

Heather said...

Good for you! I would be too scared to even think of doing that so you're way braver than I am!

V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios said...

I think it takes courage to commit time, money, energy to something others might think is "not practical" or to do anything that takes you away from your family. We're conditioned to think it's normal to devote ALL of our resources to nurturing our children's education, interests, hobbies, and experiences while ignoring our own. Good for you for boldly going forth and saying "This is important to me. This is something I want to do," and doing it.

52 Faces said...

omg Congratulations!!

I've wanted to go through YTT for years now! But can't bear to cough up the money and I'm scared of my body breaking (any yoga except Iyengar tends to inflame my bursitis). What kind are you training in? I had no idea you were so into yoga!! You're going to have such a hot bod, I'm jealous!

Jennifer said...

I'm so happy for you that you're doing this. You're going to rock it.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

That's fantastic news! really exciting. I'd love to hear how the training progresses!

yogurt said...

What an excellent career path. You get to improve your health and wellbeing while helping others do the same. And a big congrats to you for taking such a big step!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Exciting! I'm rooting for you in this corner--and it IS a big deal!