Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sick Day

School started last Wednesday and J12 is home sick today.

Honestly, I didn't quite believe him when he told me he'd thrown up yesterday. Then I saw the proof the second time. I took his word for it the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th time.

And again this morning.

I called the school and found out it's "going around" and that two teachers have been out sick, as well as a bunch of kids.

It's just the first week! How did this happen?

We got slammed at our house last year with sick days, including a bout of mono. Hoping we can kick this virus and then avoid anymore for awhile.

6 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Oh dear. You know that stomach bugs are my worst nightmare, right?

I'm wishing your son a speedy recovery (and the rest of you immunity to whatever this yucky is...)

Love!

Chili

Jennifer said...

No, no, NO. (Yes, I'm quoting you.)

That's just wrong. Hope he feels better today. And goes back to school tomorrow.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I hope it passes quickly. Bummer.

texasholly said...

Oh no! So much for getting back into the schedule of things.

I hope he is doing better...

anymommy said...

May it pass quickly and may you not get it. Also, may I not get it.

ella said...

Urf! (oh wait---you've already been through that)
Nursing a child through a stomach bug truly is your ticket to heaven.
good luck and I hope it's over by now!