Saturday, June 12, 2010

summer and i'm thinking

I'm floating around the pool in my floatie chair while D8 and I play Super Smash Bros. Fortunately it doesn't take a particularly large amount of thought on my part. I'm just sort of participating in his imaginary game. I just have to splash him every once in awhile and make growling noises and nod my head a lot.

Most of the time I just lay back and watch the clouds float by, catching a glimpse of them through the trees.

Later we come inside and D8 plays in his room while I do some laundry then we snuggle on the couch and watch Veggietales.

We're spending the day together while J12, J and Nana go to Savannah for the day. It's possible we may even get around to making brownies.

To be honest D8 is missing his brother and dad. Every once in awhile he asks me how much longer they will be gone or why they had to go.

Later in the evening when everyone is home D8 drags them out to the pool and now he's content. I'm wandering around the house, trying to decide if I'm going to be a good girl and clean up (something I've avoided all day) or go outside and read a book while they swim.

I've been feeling pretty lost and restless lately. Kind of like those clouds. I guess I've always been that way.

4 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Pick the book.

Cookie said...

Swimmng in a pool??? but it only reached 75 today!

furiousBall said...

try to enjoy the floating, that stuff is good for you :)

Rebecca said...

I feel like that a lot.