Thursday, April 29, 2010

Field Day Letter

Dear Moms-I-Spent-Three-Hours -With-At-Field-Day,

If I am ever hanging out with you at a school function. Or even if I just bump into you at Target. Or wherever. If ever I notice that your t-shirt is inside out I promise to tell you, just in case you are not aware of it.

If I don't tell you I can pretty much guarantee that when you do figure it out -- say after you have been at school, at Starbucks, etc. etc. E.T.C. and you go home you will be embarrassed. Chances are the phrase, "total horses ass" may come to mind when you look in the mirror.

Sure you might have been exremely distracted today by the fact that you saw a rodent in the kitchen, that you had to work before going to field day, that you really really really need to get home and finish painting.

Did I mention the rodent?

I know we aren't close. We don't have much in common except that are kids are in the same school. But come on. Some of you I have known for three years now. So I promise I will feel comfortable enough to say, "Did you know your t-shirt is inside out?" Just in case, as an adult, you are not purposely wearing your clothing inside out.

Sincerely (and now wearing her shirt right side out),

Slow Panic

12 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Maybe no one noticed?

Me Too said...

Jenn@Juggling Life,

actually, I think that is what happened -- that no one noticed. I just felt stupid when I realized it.

Coco said...

Yeah. I am betting no one noticed. I have to look really hard at some of my tshirts to make sure it is right side out sometimes. I am prone to wear it the wrong way. I have went to work with identical style shoes but different colors before. One black one navy blue. Now that is embarassing.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

I am always thankful for the people who tell me things like this. I still feel gratitude to a man (a husband, father of 3) who one morning at church kindly told me my shirt was unbuttoned. I had misrepaired myself after nursing my #3 and would have been MORTIFIED for anyone to see me. I thought he was brave to point it out in such a gentle way, saving me further embarrassment.
I'm goin g with Jenn, I bet they didn't know.

furiousBall said...

when Mom, Abbe, and I flew to New Mexico my mom had her pants on backwards and didn't notice until we changed planes in Austin. no kidding :)

i love my mom and her sense of style

bernthis said...

that reminds me of when I wore my sweatpants inside out to take my kid to a brand new camp. I felt like seven horses asses when I realized it hours later

Indigo said...

I'm with Jenn, they probably didn't notice. I have a couple t-shirts that has the stitching on the right side out. So I wouldn't have thought anything of it.(Hugs)Indigo

anymommy said...

I have done this. And if I noticed, I would totally have told you.

flutter said...

I walked around with a bat in the cave for most of the day until I went to the bathroom and saw it hanging from my nose. Thanks guys!

SeriousMom said...

I often wonder if I'm supposed to tell someone when they have a bat in the cave or tp on their shoe. I guess this means yes.

Stacie said...

I would have told you and laughed my butt off... 'cause I do that ALL of the time!

reluctantfarmchik said...

I'm thinking they probably thought "How the heck is that mom always so cool? Where does she buy trendy but decent looking stuff? I wish I could pull off that look"