Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Catching Up

Oh. OH!!! I am still painting. You probably already knew that.

I am making progress. The walls are painted (painting brick sucks). And I've started on the trim. This morning I polyurethaned the floor (one of the benefits of this project is I can now spell polyurethane) -- just part of the floor --so I can slide back the shelving and put in the new file cabinet tomorrow night. Which means I can move around the room a little easier.

Are you still reading this?

Actually I'm enjoying the whole process. I would like it even better if I wasn't also having to be mommy and employee.

Also, BIG GIANT NEWS: my husband got a job. Yes. Ten months of unemployment is OVER. He started yesterday. My favorite thing about this is peace and quiet and the house to myself all day long. The extra income is pretty nice too.

That about sums things up around here. I'm going to get back to polyurethaning the floor.

7 comments:

furiousBall said...

congrats to the hubby!

downside to the project, you also have to smell polyurethane

AnastasiaSpeaks said...

What great news! I'm so happy for you guys and congrats to him on the job.

And you my dear, good job on the painting progress. :)

Coco said...

Oh that is great news. Mind just started work yesterday. First job in three years....finally. Not what he normally did for a living but hey...it may or may not pay his bills.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That is fantastic news! Congratulations to your family.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Hallelujah! I'm so happy to read about the job!
And projects are nice--they bring along a deep sense of accomplishment we don't get in everyday tasks.

Mrs. Chili said...

Congrats on the job! That's big - and really great - news.

Open a window or the polyurethane will make you feel like pounded crap before you're done. Just sayin'...

flutter said...

yay!!