Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Not So Much Bitter

Maybe bitter was the wrong word. (I'm referring to my last post.) I think it's more like I get up at 6:00 a.m. and the next thing I know it's 8:00 p.m. and I'm exhausted and all I can think of is getting the kids into bed so I can experience a little bit of quiet.

I feel like life has turned into one of those movie/TV scenes where the person stands still and everything rushes past them in super fast speed. I feel like that person and every once in a while I stick my hand out into that rushing past mess and make a meal or work on a project or run an errand and damn I'm not really keeping up but I sort of am.

I think I feel this way a little bit every day, but not all day. Like right now it is very quiet in the house and even though I have a couple of horrible work deadlines I'm taking a couple of minutes to post and just take a little break.

I find that most of the time I am pretty freaked out about the things I have to do and I think that is because I really don't enjoy most of the things I have to do (and now I'm talking about work) and then I start on the whole why do I still have this job trip which places me smack dab back in the middle of that damn movie/TV scene described above and I think I'll run to the kitchen and get another brownie and maybe next time I should plan on more than five minutes to write a post.


8 comments:

Cat said...

I have such a hard time scheduling in post time for myself, the mood has to hit me to write and then Viola its easy!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Treading water is a horrible position to be in. I hope things slow down enough for you to get a rest.

Coco said...

I am so glad you stopped by because I forgot to follow your new site.

sari said...

The brownie should help. Sometimes I feel like I'm the "yelling mom" - nobody listens, everything is crazy...but then the next day it evens out.

It's always nice and quiet at 6am, everyone wonders why I get up so early! ha ha

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I think we all have those times--and you've described it so eloquently--I hope you figure out what you'll need to be in a better place.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I understand that feeling. I find that when I start feeling like that, I'm not prioritizing myself enough. I know it's easier said then done, with family, work, etc, but if mom is happy, the rest of the family is happier too. And taking care of everyone doesn't feel like such a strain.

I don't know what you like, but I find that a long bubble bath with aromatherapy candles and a good book do me a world of good. Or just taking 10 minutes to give myself a manicure or pedicure. Or maybe, for an occasional treat, even leaving the kids with dad for a couple of hours and going to the movies with a friend, or going to a museum.

Just taking a little time for me helps so much. 20 minutes, just for you - try it, you might find that you feel recharged, more creative, less frazzled. Here's hoping :-)

furiousBall said...

i'm lucky, once i cart my short people off to school, i write

Lori said...

Ooh, wish I had some handy dandy advise, but I'm coming up empty. Usually I'd tell a friend that it's time to look at what you're doing and clean house, so to speak. Whittle out the things that you do, but don't know why or they're low on the priority list. Other than that, I got nothin.

I will keep you in my thoughts though, and keep reading, and you visit me and gripe all you want. :)