Friday, March 5, 2010

Almost

It's almost spring in the south. Just a few days away, maybe a week or two. The daffodils are blooming, the violets and pansies have been at it all winter. Yesterday I had my first sighting of a tulip magnolia beginning to bloom and the Bradford Pears are bursting open all over town. In a couple of weeks we'll have our Cherry Blossom Festival.

My baby is almost eight -- just two weeks from today. I'm not sure how that happened.

I'm almost 43 -- that's just a month away and I'm really not sure how that happened.

It's almost the weekend and tonight the guys are going to some Nascar race thing and I get the house to myself for the evening.

I'm almost ready to start a new exercise program that will for sure be the answer to all my problems. I'm almost ready to kill my beagle if he doesn't stop barking at whatever is outside. I'm almost ready to tackle a bunch of problems at work, as soon as I post this. Almost done with the laundry, almost ready to clean out the attic.

Almost. Honestly I thought there would be a lot less almosts in my life by this time. But they seem to multiply as we go along. I'm almost sure that's not exactly a bad thing.

11 comments:

furiousBall said...

i love cherry blossom festivals, we've got a great one up here in philly too

Indigo said...

Ah but the 'almost' make life interesting. You never know when they'll show up and how long they stay. I say make the most of it. I know I have to or the almost denizens would run me over.

I'll be 45 in July. Last year I tried to my age off as the double 22. It's an odd year and I can't do that. (Hugs)Indigo

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Almost time to have the house to yourself! That sentence alone would inspire a lot of joy for me!

Cat said...

time flies with babies growing and suddenly we have aged!

Do the exercise program , stick with it, it makes life feel so wonderful - or maybe that is the endoprhines!

Lori said...

There will ALWAYS be almosts. Always. And I know what you mean. I simply love being alone once in awhile. I have a little party for myself. Hope you do the same.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Oh how I would love to be alone in my house. Enjoy it!

Jennifer S said...

If only I could identify with this.

Sigh.

By the way, you do know what NASCAR stands for, don't you? Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

You're welcome.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Isn't it funny? I thought there would be less almosts too. And less maybes. damn.

bernthis said...

one of the things in my "bucket list" is to take my kid to see the cherry blossoms in Washington D.C one day. So beautiful

V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios said...

There's potential in "almost" as well as "disappointment."

Jen said...

I am so looking forward to Spring I can hardly contain myself. Life is a process, not an event?

At any rate, it sure seems like every exercise program I start will be the answer to all my problems.