Friday, February 19, 2010

Now We Live At Home

OK. We are finally back at our house. Yea. We moved home Wednesday. We only have electricity on our bedroom so we're running extension cords through the house. It is craziness but it is good.

Hopefully by the end of the day we'll have the fridge plugged in (yeah, it's gonna be a nasty job scrubbing that puppy today) and maybe the oven. Although fridge and oven sounds a bit luxurious, not sure I'm up for that.

We don't have a light in the bathroom -- so the kids have to bathe/shower before it gets dark -- which makes for a quieter, less stressful evening. (I'm so damn half glass full aren't I?)

Mostly I am just glad to be home and not running back and forth. I'm still missing stuff and have to make a trip out to the in-laws to dig out the rest of our stuff but we are home.

We have so much work to do on this house. We're talking about finally remodeling the kitchen and doing that next since we are going to have to rip out the walls to put in the new switches and outlets and ceiling light. I would show you pics of my kitchen but it's to embarrassing. Maybe I'll wait until I have before and after pics to show you.

Anways the best part is you don't have to hear about me not having electricity. This is a good day for you people.

8 comments:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Yay for electricity! I tell you, it's the little things.

Lori said...

God bless you and your family! So glad to hear things are moving along.

Suzanne said...

You know, you might want to make that early bath hour a permanent thing if it means the little darlings are more peaceful! (said by someone who's never had kids and doesn't know what she's talking about!)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What a relief to be back!

Definitely take the pics--it'll be amazing to see the contrast when it is over. I wish I was your next-door neighbor--I am the remodeler's best friend--I can look at floor plans and door pulls all day long!

bernthis said...

oh what I would give to have the money to redo my kitchen. Glad things are getting back to normal

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Just please don't trip--a circuit or over those extension cords!

Cat said...

The glass is half full attitude makes life so much happier!

Karen said...

Yaay for you!! Woohoo electricity! And why not have a glass half full mentality--it makes you a much more delightful person to be around!