Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Coat Is Melting

and nine other random and not really that interesting things about me:

Ten Things Tuesday

1. My coat is melting -- 'cuz of my little space heater in my office and it's chilly in here and my coat is not made of natural materials.

2. My current fridge is a fabulous soft sided box cooler thingy I got at the grocery store. (see previous posts about no electricity in my house).

3. I'm developing a serious tea drinking problem after discovering that yes, the amount of caffeine in coffee is the reason I'm laying in bed at night staring at the ceiling and conjuring up a nervous breakdown.

4. I think my cat is sick. Bad kitty. Bad Bad kitty.

5. It is not possible for me to have to many post-it notes in, on or around my desk area.

6. I work at home. Please don't tell my boss.

7. I've got a serious jones to knit or sew today -- is it escapism (see previous posts about no electricity in my house) or am I truly feeling creative and artsy?

8. I miss the midwest -- big open skies, prairies and all that.

9. I used to play the piano. Now I don't. I should do that again.

10. The first night we start sleeping at our house again (see previous posts about no electricity in my house) I'm crawling into bed with a giant cup of tea (see #5) and the latest Vogue, quilting and cooking magazines and damn to hell anyone who comes near me.


12 comments:

furiousBall said...

get thee to a pianoery!

tysdaddy said...

I still need a scarf. And maybe you do as well . . .

slow panic said...

furious--it's just sitting in the living room -- really no excuses

tysdaddy -- a scarf i can take of -- don't go asking for no slytherin sweater though.

Jen said...

What was the good news again? :)

Hope tomorrow is better.

Debra said...

Bless your heart! About 15 years ago we had a wicked ice storm and lost power for several days. It sucked. We were camping out at my parents house for a week. I remember it like it was yesterday. Is it because of weather or some other reason? Your post is great.

Carnie said...

Hello (I don't even know your name) I'm not sure of proper blog etiquette, but I suppose I should say "Hello, I'm Carnie, and I added your blog to my blog roll because you made me laugh."
Hope you don't mind :)

jen said...

i think piano playing is a sign of greatness. past or present piano playing, that part doesn't matter.

ps. i never learned how to play the piano, i always wish i had.

bernthis said...

Your boss called me, not to worry, I told him you were doing nothing, that you never do anything at home, ever. In fact, I let him know you are incredibly lazy in your personal life.
that's ok right?

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Sounds like a case of partial hibernation if I've ever seen one! (I have it bad, too)

dearheart said...

I don't think I could live without my space heater, even with all that coat melting. (:

Karen said...

I love it when blogs make me laugh--perfect!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I love teas SO much more than coffee. On a cold day especially, I find curling up with a good book and a cup of tea just divine :-)