Monday, February 1, 2010

Does This Ever Happen To You?

About a month ago everything was great. Really. I should have been blogging then. I'm telling you I felt good. I didn't even know who I was. The holidays were over (always a big relief), my Vikings were looking good, even promising, even a little Super Bowl hopefullish. I was exercising, working, kind of taking care of the house and the kids. I was managing to Get Things Done.

Then BAM. Last week it all fell apart. First the NFC Championship game pretty much took me out for a whole day. I know. But come on people -- it's been over 30 years since they even went to the Super Bowl.

By Wednesday I was in bed trying to fight off a cold. By the weekend I was just dog sick and crawling out of bed every few hours to throw food at my kids. Meanwhile my husband, who had injured his foot (long story, boring, won't bother you with it) was camped out on the couch with a big bucket of ice and getting crankier by the minute.

I finally drug myself to the doctor yesterday and got some antibiotics. I gotta shake the cranky attitude and I will, but all of a sudden (OK, I'm seeing that it is not so all of a sudden) I'm feeling like everything is just really hard. Like getting the kids out the door, and working. I hate this feeling, like I can't do any more then sort of drag my feet.

I made this resolution at the beginning of the year not to be so whiny and complainy to my family. That's pretty much fallen apart this week.

The good thing is I know I can shake it and get back on track. A couple more days of antibiotics and a few more naps and I'll get back into my routine. But for now everything just feels really hard. I really hate when that happens.

15 comments:

Texasholly said...

Ugh. When you are sick it just sucks. Unfortunately, antibiotics can't fix football teams.

Jennifer H said...

Sick is so much harder when you have kids...there should be super antibiotics for mothers that have, like, a B12 shot in them for energy. And vodka.

Hope you're feeling better soon...

furiousBall said...

sorry about the sick and the Vikes game too!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Of course feeling like crap doesn't help one's attitude one bit. And I'd feel sorry for your Vikings except good ol' #4 treated us the same way more times than I care to remember. I'm rather glad to see it wasn't preferential treatment....

Janine@Shelf Life said...

Hey, blog where you want to blog!!

No problem here - you have parking, the neighborhood's good. I put you on the reader!

AnastasiaSpeaks said...

I know exactly how you feel. A few months ago, I was exactly where you are now and I felt awful, both physically and emotionally. It's so hard, especially when you have kids!

Anna See said...

Being sick sucks.

Hope the drugs kick in and you feel better soon.

slouchy said...

Oof. That's January/February, in my experience. They sucker punch you every time.

Feel better.

SCREAMING FOR CHOCOLATE said...

Sorry about your team. I love the Colts because I have watched Peyton Manning since the first time he stepped on the field at Tn. Being from Louisiana I can't help but root for the Saints. But I was a Viking fan for a little while. I really liked Warren Moon. Please tell me that I am not crazy. My hubby who knows football seems to not remember him. Wasn't he the quarter back for them at one time????

Hope you get to feeling better. I will add you to my list to read.

52 Faces said...

sigh sick sucks
but throwing food rocks

haha no closets
in that case you're also tagged in the survey! (my post is updated)

V-Grrrl @ Compost Studios said...

I've had a hard time finding a focus and a groove. Between holidays, teacher work days, and snow days, it seems we can't settle into a schedule. I haven't been depressed or sick but I feel distracted and blocked.

I hope you turn a corner soon. February seems to hit everyone hard.

Karen said...

This winter just seems suckier than usual, doesn't it? Don't beat yourself up about this stuff--you're doing the best you can. Soon you'll be well, and there's always next year for your team!

flutter said...

feel better and for the love of GOD stay put on this blog! you give me whiplash :P

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I think this is just a hard time of year in general--and being sick just makes it worse.

Suzanne said...

hope you are feeling better soon. drink lots of tea? sleep? read? repeat?